During the last two years, the overall SEO sector has seen a significant upheaval. As a consequence, several digital marketers have altered their techniques significantly. It’s not as easy to rank well in Google for challenging phrases as it was three years ago.
The past years have also witnessed the rise of unfair SEO practices which is a major reason for uncertain and slow results.
This article will give you a glimpse of what negative SEO practices are and how to detect as well as discard those practices.
WHAT IS NEGATIVE SEO?
Negative SEO is the process of sabotaging a rival’s search engine rankings by employing illegal and unethical techniques. some negative SEO practices are:
- Creating spam links for the website
- Hacking your company webpage
- Copying the contents of your website without copyright or your information
- Creating fake company websites
HOW TO PREVENT THESE PRACTICES?
- You must connect your website to the google webmaster tool which will alert you and send you notifications whenever your website is corrupted by malware, or there are any connectivity issues.
- Keep a well-oriented record of your backlinks profile. This is the most crucial step in preventing fraudsters from operating. Most of the time, they will use low-quality links or redirection to execute negative SEO towards your website. Knowing when someone is establishing links or referrals to your website is critical. for this, you can use tools like open site explorer to monitor your backlink profile.
- Make a password using digits and unusual characters that is difficult to guess. On a continuous basis, make backups of your data files. If your website allows users to upload files, speak with your hosting company about how to avoid viruses by installing antivirus.
- One of the most common negative SEO practices is the duplication of content. If the majority of your information is repeated, your website is likely to get penalized and lose ranks. you can keep a check if your website consists of duplicated information or pages using several apps and tools.
HOW TO COMBAT NEGATIVE SEO PRACTICES
When you realize that probably someone has started with negative SEO practices you must immediately check the links that were currently added to the website and identify which are the bad ones and create a list of them. After creating a list remove those links from your website and report them.
Negative SEO practices surely affect the rankings of the website as well as the traffic. Precautions are a must in order to avoid such practices. they’re a number of tools and apps that can help you to detect as well as discard the negative SEO practices being used against your company website.